Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Finally Free

Fifty Shades Freed
Book 3

A good conclusion with a decent ending/climax, but most of this book is filled with pointless filler. There is only some conflict and a somewhat purposeful plot, but you have to read almost to the end to glimpse it. The ending is like the beginning, mushy and very repetitive.  By about 75% of the way through, the book started skimming through time, marked only by repetitive text messages between the main characters.  The Sex scenes are all the same and quite boring. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen there, but alas, it never did. Overall this series is just fair. The only redeeming quality these books have is the endearing love story between the main characters. Other than that, this is really not worth the read. At least the writing improved as the books progressed.

With a bit of editing, I truly believe all three books in this trilogy could have been sized down to just one. Most of the books are filled with superfluous events, especially the first half of book #3. And although I enjoyed the books as I read them, I didn't feel they were all that special or satisfying by the end. I find it funny that with so much sex & S&M subject matter, I found little of interest or shocking and I don't read Erotica.

-Life is too Short to Read a Bad Book-

No comments:

Post a Comment