Friday, January 6, 2012

Future Release Pick

Firelight  (Feb 01, 2012)

A thoroughly engaging and satisfying book, that is part paranormal gothic romance & intrigue and part fairytale. Being a big fan of contemporary fantasy, I didn't think this Victorian Paranormal would interest me much, but with its rich & vivid descriptions, romantic build, and intriguing plot, I fell for it hook line and sinker. The author truly has a talent for building sexual tension to a boiling point. The relationship between the main couple is white hot, and are definitely now on my list of favorite literary couples.

 The plot itself isn't exactly original per se, but I have to say that the delivery and execution were so spot on, that I was able to enjoy it and just take it for what it is, a pure and unadulterated guilty pleasure. Those who don't want to commit to a full series, will be happy to know that this book can be read as a standalone. The ending nicely wraps-up and concludes the main couple's storyline, however a subsequent book is scheduled and will continue one of the supporting character's story.

My only issue with this book were with some of the poorly transitioned scenes. It would have helped to have some space between scenes or a marker denoting the change.  However, I must state that since I received an ARC, this issue might be moot in the purchased copy.
*****
Written in third person POV and set in Victorian London, Firelight is a Gothic retelling of Beauty & the Beast.  Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.

In summary, I whole heatedly recommend this book to anyone looking for a well written/constructed and thoroughly satisfying Paranormal Romance or adult Fairy Tale.

Warning: Violence & Strong Sexual Content.

This book releases on Feb 1st, 2012.  I received a ARC via NetGalley.


-Life is too Short to Read a Bad Book-

No comments:

Post a Comment