Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Kindle Accessories Review: A better Sleeve

Timbuk2 Plush Sleeve ($35)
For K4 & Touch

I prefer my Kindle naked, especially when reading. And while some would call that strange (my aunt for example), I call it practical and light. My latest Kindle purchase started me on a bit of a journey on finding the right container for my little naked ereader. My first attempt was with the BUILT Neoprene Envelope Case for the Touch and K4. You can read my review here, but just to sum it up, I was left feeling grossly underwhelmed.  However I have to comment that between the two sleeves, the Built is thinner and softer, but for some reason I prefer Timbuk2's.

So, I finally decided to try another Timbuk2 sleeve, already having been somewhat pleased with their nylon sleeve I purchased for my K2. The only thing holding me back was the price, $35 (yikes). Quick tip. If you stick an item in your cart, Amazon will notify of a price change when you return. I got this during a brief price dive of $25.

Pro:
  • Simple and Streamlined
  • Very Soft & Plush Inside (No chance of Scratches)
  • Fits K4 & Touch (Along with the K3 very very snugly-but it does fit)
  • Thick ballistic nylon protection. (No worries with damage here)
  • Easy to handle and hold
Con:
  • Price (Yikes)
  • Plush ?? ( I thought the case would be soft or thinner than the Nylon version, but nope)
  • Pretty Color options (But not too girly)
  • Could be even more streamlined/thin and the flap could definitely be thinner for easier closure and overall less bulkiness.
  • Bulkier than the Nylon sleeve version.

So to sum up, while I am happy with this purchase, I would have gone with the plain nylon version for less bulkiness if I had to do it all over again.  However, since I got a good deal on this one and I really do like the color/design, I've decided to keep it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment