Monday, October 17, 2011

Pleasantly Surprised

Archangel's Blade
This one took me a while to complete, but not because it was lacking, but because of life and what not. I don't have a lot of time to discuss this book tonight, but suffice it to say, it ultimately exceeded my expectations, as far as a book from this series is concerned. It started off a bit shaky, with shifting POVs and flashbacks. The dialogue and writing, also seemed a bit trite for me at the beginning.  But after delving further, I either got used to it or just started to grow on me.

The story itself was good and the couple was pretty darn hot. However, I thought they dwelled a little too long on the abuse angle, which seems to be a common theme among books of these types. I also didn't like the hokey connection between the couple the author came up with or for the somewhat curt ending. Again, overall not bad and definitely a big step up from the last book. I didn't think I would have cared or wanted to read Dmitri's story, but this book proved me wrong. I'm back to looking forward to reading another book in the Guild Hunter series.  Hopefully it will deliver.
************
In the intensely dark, violent, and romantic fourth Guild Hunter novel...Singh focuses on the 1,000-year-old vampire Dmitri, lieutenant to the archangel Raphael, and Guild Hunter Honor, still recovering after a rogue vampire kidnapped and tortured her for two months...a heart-pounding and strongly emotional read.
-Life is too Short to Read a Bad Book-

No comments:

Post a Comment