Monday, September 5, 2011

New this Week

One Salt Sea: An October Daye NovelOne Salt Sea
Book #5

Currently one of my favorite UF series. This series is a must for any UF fan. I encourage anyone to check out McGuire/Grant's various work.

October "Toby" Daye is settling into her new role as Countess of Goldengreen. She's actually dating again, and she's taken on Quentin as her squire. So, of course, it's time for things to take a turn for the worse. Someone has kidnapped the sons of the regent of the Undersea Duchy of Saltmist. To prevent a war between land and sea, Toby must find the missing boys and prove the Queen of the Mists was not behind their abduction. Toby's search will take her from the streets of San Francisco to the lands beneath the waves, and her deadline is firm: she must find the boys in three days' time, or all of the Mists will pay the price. But someone is determined to stop her-and whoever it is isn't playing by Oberon's Laws...


Rift Walker, The (Vampire Empire, Book 2)The Rift Walker
Book #2

A recent new favorite. I can't believe it took me this long to read the first book, but I'm sort of glad it did, because wallah here's the 2nd book. This swashbuckler vamp adventure series, has bit of everything. There is also lots of romance, but it leans more towards YA in regards to sexual content. I look forward to reading the second book in this trilogy.  Go Here to read my thoughts on the first book.


Archangel's BladeArchangel's Blade
Book #4

This series was a semi-PNR-favorite, but the last book was not as good as the rest, IMO.  This book will focus mainly on Dmitri, so maybe we won't have to read all about how in looove the main couple is.



Envy: A Novel of the Fallen AngelsEnvy
Book #3

The third book in a series that I've never read, but I'm starting to have second thoughts, because there is a continuation from the last BDB book in this one. Detective Veck's story will continue, and that might be enough persuasion for me to finally check this series out.


Must Love Lycans: A Broken Heart NovelMust Love Lycans
Book #8

I really liked the 1st book, but this series gets a bit repetitive as it progresses.




HellbentHellbent
Book #2

Release date moved on this one. I still have the first book in my cue, waiting to be read.




ShadowmanShadow Man
Book #3

I've read the last couple of books in this series, and I have to say that the first one was just okay and the second one left me pissed that I lost a couple of hours from my life I'll never get back.  Yikes, but there it is.


SupernaturalSupernatural
Anthology







The Dragon Who Loved MeThe Dragon Who Loved Me
Book #5

These books are straight up PNR, as the covers indicate.  The first book wasn't half bad for what it is.  Can't say I completely recommend this series though.

No comments:

Post a Comment