Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Restorer

The Restorer (The Graveyard Queen)The Graveyard Queen
I didn't expect much from this little known UF series. So when I finished book #1, The Restorer, and was anxious for more, I was entirely taken by surprise. The book is well written-edited-researched and very engaging, although I could see it being perceived as sometimes slow & predictable for some. For me, the story was a gripping on the edge of your seat thriller, that was both spooky and unnerving, to say the least.  I also learned more about cemeteries and superstitious cultures, than I ever thought possible.  There is some romance as well, with a promise for more, hopefully in the subsequent books. This series is definitely now on my watch list. The Prequel, The Abandoned, does not contain the same main characters.  And word of warning for those that hate unanswered questions, because there seems to be quite a few left open for the rest of the series to answer.

Those that enjoyed First Grave on the Right or Grave Witch, will probably like this one.
***
Amelia Gray is a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. In order to protect herself from the parasitic nature of the dead, she always held fast to the rules passed down from my father. But now a haunted police detective has entered her world and everything is changing, including the rules that have always kept her safe.

                                  0-The Abandoned
                                  1-The Restorer
                                  2-The Kingdom  (Oct 18, 2011)
                                  3-The Prophet (May 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment