Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reading Slump

Is there such a thing as Reader's Block?  Because at the moment, I cannot for the life of me, get into or care about what I'm reading. This is particularly worrisome for me, because I love to read.

Or could it be the book I'm reading? I haven't hit a wall with any book I've read the last couple of months, until I started on Chicagoland-4 Hard Bitten. It can't be the book, it has to be me right?

I'm currently half-way through, and I still can't seem to care much about this book's plot or its characters. It's been awhile since I've read the last book, so references to the previous book have been rather lost on me. You know you're in trouble, when you start skimming a book.  I'm so bummed, because I've been waiting to read this for awhile now.  Maybe I should just put it down, then revisit it when I'm in a better state of mind.  I donno.

-Life is too Short to Read a Bad Book-

3 comments:

  1. Steph tell me you remember what Keene's prophecy is?
    I think this is something I need to go back, find and reread. It might make more sense now with what has happened at the end of Hard Bitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't the prophecy about Merit bringing up a boy with Green eyes, or some nonsense?
    I assumed that it was either Adam's unborn kid she was going to eventually bring up, due to his death, or Ethan and her were going to have a child. Is this even possible in Neill's world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or wait, are you suggesting that Ethan gets reincarnated as Adam's child?

    ReplyDelete