Monday, May 2, 2011

Looking Past the Cover

Yet another example, why I shouldn't judge a book by its cover or title. I have to admit, this series is better than most its type. The plot and world-building was much more thoughtful and the story itself, kept me engaged throughout. Yes, there is quite a few sexual scenes, but they don't seem to be completely random or pointless. So, if you can get past the sex and a bit of scene jumping, this is a rather good read; at least the 1st & 4th book are.  The last book, Sin Undone, barely past muster IMO.

Tayla's life has never been easy, with her drug addicted mother and a dead-beat father she never knew.  Until a group of demon-slayers took her in, she's never known what belonging to a family truly meant.  That is until, a fateful trip to a hospital, run by Demons, brings her world crashing down.  As per usual in this genre, each book focuses on a different couple.

                                 1-Pleasure Unbound
                                 2-Desire Unchained
                                 3-Passion Unleashed
                                 4-Ecstasy Unveiled
                                 5-Sin Undone

-Life is too Short to Read a Bad Book-

2 comments:

  1. this is good to know, it has been on my tbr list, but I just keep putting it off, cause well you know...... now maybe I will have to stop passing it up and give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in my Top Reads mind you, but for PNR, it was pretty good. It took a good 10 pages before it started to hook me. Give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete