Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Zombie Classics

I'm a huge Jane Austen & UF fan. So when I finally heard about the mash-up between zombies & my beloved Pride and Prejudice, I was more than a little taken back.  Almost 500 reviews on Amazon, this book has garnered a lot of attention.  So much so, Hollywood has taken notice and decided to capitalize on this strange spoof.  Still, I really can't wrap my head around how zombies work with this classic, but it must not be half bad if it's so popular, right?

Casting is still being discussed, with no definite names even being rumored yet. This will be a Natalie Portman production-Say What? She was also set to act in this movie, but fortunately that's a no-go now. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's half bad in some films, but ever since her dead performance in Star Wars, I've not been a real big fan. Still, I'm looking forward to watching her Oscar worthy performance in Black Swan. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is tentatively set to release at a theater near you, some time in 2013.


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

In what’s described as an “expanded edition” of Pride and Prejudice, 85 percent of the original text has been preserved but fused with “ultraviolent zombie mayhem.” For more than 50 years, we learn, England has been overrun by zombies, prompting people like the Bennets to send their daughters away to China for training in the art of deadly combat, and prompting others, like Lady Catherine de Bourgh, to employ armies of ninjas. Added to the familiar plot turns that bring Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy together is the fact that both are highly skilled killers, gleefully slaying zombies on the way to their happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment