Monday, January 31, 2011

New for Tuesday

Lots of releases this week, but none that have me clawing to read. Yet, I see a couple of anthologies, a series I'm currently reading, and a few intriguing new comers. I'll just have to sit most these out until I see the reviews.

Unseen (Outcast Season, Book 3)Halfway Hexed (A Southern Witch Novel)Blood Wyne (Sisters of the Moon, Book 9)Visions of Magic: An Awakening Novel

My Pick:
Unseen-Caine
Book #3

A Weather Warden Spin-off.  I've read the other two books and enjoyed them, but maybe not as much as the Weather Warden books.  However, since the series ended, this will be my only indulgence into Caine's world.

Intrigued:
Visions Of Magic-Hastings
 Book #1/Excerpt

From a new PNR author. "In the ten years since magic has reemerged in the world, witches have become feared and hunted. For weeks Shea has been haunted by visions of fire. When she unintentionally performs a spell in public, she becomes one of the hunted. Her only hope is Torin, a dangerously sensual man who claims to be her eternal mate."

Nightshade (Berkley Sensation)PrimalOn the HuntFirst Grave on the Right

Intrigued:
NightShade-Rowen
Book #1/Chap-1

Author of the PNR series Immortality Bites, Rowen is now serving up a series to satisfy UF readers.  I thought her other series was just okay, so I'm curious how this one will turn out.  The Anthology-Primal, releasing on the same day, contains a novella that follows this first book in the series. "Jill, a temp at a investment firm, is coming back from a coffee run when a man grabs her, injects her with a serum, and is shot dead by half-vampire."

First Grave on the Right-Jones
Book #1/Excerpt

By another new author. I've been eying this one, and see that the early reviews looks very promising.  I'm going to definitely have to read a sample soon. "Charley sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice."

No comments:

Post a Comment