Sunday, December 26, 2010

Great E-Reads under $3

I'm a little late to the party with finding these good reads; but I have to say that HP Mallory's books are definitely worth a look for any PNR fan.  I recently read all three of her published e-books and I was pleasantly surprised.

Just like a lot of other books with cartoonish covers & ebook only format, I didn't take hers all that seriously. -Big mistake.  Her first series, Jolie Wilkins, is one of the best written and engaging PNRs I've read in quite some time.  I give a half hearted recommendation for her 2nd series, Dulcie O'Neil, which is definitely lacking the magic that her first one has.

For those that don't have an e-reader, you are in luck.  Mallory's books have become so popular that she is now starting to publish her books in paperback as well.  However, Toil & Trouble is not yet available in paperback.


Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble  (.99¢)
The first book sets up the series about a self-deprecating witch with the unique ability to reanimate the dead and dangerously handsome warlock torn between being her boss and her would-be lover.  It clearly follows the PNR genre path, but it is definitely well written and the character development & world building is pretty darn good as well.


Toil & Trouble  ($2.99)
The 2nd one leaves off exactly where the first one ends.  Without giving anything away, I would have to say her 2nd book sealed my appreciation for this series.  Again, Mallory delivers a well written and edited book, but this one has much more emotion and plot development.

No comments:

Post a Comment